Ministry of Culture's Diary of Events
- a list of state museums, with addresses, opening hours, exhibitions,
description of the collections including pictures.
Centro Cultural de Belém
- next to Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, this Cultural Centre hosts the Museum of
Design, exhibitions, concerts and other performances, shops and restaurants.
Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- check this site for access to some of Lisbon's best museums (Museu
Centro de Arte Moderna)
and for a list of performances (music/dance).
Parque das Nações
- the site of Expo 98: still very much in use with shows, exhibitions,
concerts, shops/restaurants and the amazing
- films in Portugal are subtitled original versions, with the possible
exception of children's films, that are normally available in the original
and Portuguese versions.